I can’t think of better way to spend a day with the family then a day at the farm! Fortunately there are many family friendly farms in and around the Brampton area, many offering special events (check the event calendar) in addition to their daily activities:
Just a quick drive north of Brampton, Downey’s Funland is an exciting place made just for kids (and parents too)!
- The Play Area has a tractor tire sandbox and a trike track!
- See, pet and feed calves, llama, sheep, rabbits and goats over at the Kritter Korral, and don’t forget to look up the Goatwalk above!
- Play in the giant sandbox, wooden play train or try your hand at the Downey’s mini-put golf!
- Wagon rides!
The Play Area is open daily from mid-May to October 31st, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Last admission is 4 pm.)
Chudleigh’s Entertainment Farm
Chudleigh’s Entertainment Farm, in Milton, officially opens for the summer on Canada Day-July 1st! Open 7 days a week from 10am- 5pm, there are tons of fun attractions for kids and parents to enjoy during the week or weekend including Chudleigh’s Animal Petting Farm and their Slide, Swing and Play area featuring:
- Two 20’ Slides and Climbing Area- with 2 towers and a bridge
- Straw Maze •Retired Tractors (Great for pictures!)
- Horse-Tire swings
- Huge Sand Box
- Take a Tractor-Drawn Wagon-through the beautiful 100 acre orchard.
- Free Face Painting & Balloons on the weekend
- Hidden Nature Walk, Teepee & Rope Swing in the Forest